Our main areas of competence are:
- Biomass-derived organic molecules: renewable resources’ extraction, characterisation, functionalisation and use as intermediates for polymeric matrices, with particular attention to the whole material’s life-cycle and to the recovery of the resulting by-products.
- Organic chemistry: design, synthesis and functionalization of organic molecules, polymeric matrices and nanoparticles, and their characterization through spectroscopic, spectro-photometric and chromatographic techniques.
- Polymer science: design of biobased polymer formulations, epoxy systems, polyurethane foams, adhesive and coatings with particular attention to specific process parameters and sustainability of product/process. Testing of polymers, thermosetting resins, coatings and foams.
- Application development: definition of technical requirements for newly developed products, definition of new application sectors and application specifications for new biobased organic molecules.
- Funded R&D projects: set-up of new consortia, design of project structure, support to the preparation of porposals, WP's project management, support to IP protection.